POSITION CONTRACT: KNUCKLEBOOM GRAPPLE TRUCK OPERATOR
Job Type: Full-time Current pay scale: $20-$29 per hour
Performance based incentives to be decided.
As a knuckleboom grapple truck operator you are to serve as keeper of your equipment in an effort to keep it on the road and in service. Your primary responsibility will be hauling tree debris and sometimes construction or demolition debris off job sites and to waste facilities.
As a knuckleboom grapple truck operator you will report to the hauling department manager.
We provide proper job training, workers compensation insurance along with contributions to a health care package and also to a Roth IRA after time conditions are met. We also offer AFLAC through payroll deductions. We offer 6 paid holidays.1 Week of paid time off after 1 year and 2 weeks after 2 years.
- Must have class A CDL w/ medical card. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You must provide a motor vehicle report (your MVR) to us and pass our insurance and company policy requirements.
- Must have experience driving manual transmission.
- We are a drug free company and pre-employment drug testing will occur.
- Disaster response may occasionally happen.
- Occasional Saturday work but on a rotating basis with other team members.
- You must be in good enough physical condition to climb the ladder up the truck and to perform raking and clean up of jobs.
- Deliver the highest level of customer service.
- Consciously think safety at all times.
- Utilize all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Safeguard other employees and the public from hazards in and around your work area.
- Learn to understand the dangers associated with electrical hazards.
- Use and maintain chainsaws and equipment safely.
- Keep all equipment safe and stored where it belongs.
- Drives trucks or operates other equipment as assigned.
- Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Report the need for repairs to trucks and equipment to your manager.
- Performs basic maintenance to trucks as needed (washing, grease, air filters, etc)
- Clean up well under debris piles.
- Do not make dents or divots in the lawns of customers.
- Perform all required duties in support of specific job assignments.
Pay rates are based on the following achievements & will help you climb the pay scale.
- No related work experience, but you have a CDL class B driver’s license.
- No related work experience but you have a CDL class A drivers license.
- No related work experience but you have a CDL class A with a medical card.
- Your driving record is clean or minimal points.
- You have proven experience driving trucks.
- You have experience operating heavy machinery (excavators, backhoe, cranes, etc)
- You have prior experiences working with tree service or land clearing companies.
- You have operated a grapple boom truck, loader truck or crane before.
- You are currently working in this position for another company and have a proven track record of reliability, consistency and a reputation for not damaging the equipment or surroundings.
- You meet our quota of loads or dollars per day.
- You exceed our quota of loads or dollars per day.
Items 1-5 are entry level on the pay scale. Items 6-8 land near the center of the payscale. Items 9-10 will land you close or at the top. Item 11 is the way to unlock future successes. All applicants will be tested and background checked to confirm competency in these areas. If you are interested and qualified, then please fill out the online application form found at this link:
We can’t wait to meet you!
Arbor Pros Expert Tree Company, LLC